Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I Dreamed a Dream

So today I had my last final and then my last day at TADA for the semester.

Then I got to see my OG friend, Sam for a while and we ate some delicious food in Little Italy.

Tonight I am going to an advanced screening of the Les Miz movie with Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Z will be there and there are free preshow cocktails so... things could get fun. Hahaha But in all seriousness I cannot wait for this movie. I am so excited.

But... I am hoping that the only person I hear sing I Dreamed a Dream tonight is Anne Hathaway and not me as well when I am sobbing on my way home.

Sure Les Miz is sad and all, but I am waiting to hear if I got cast in In The Heights at NYU or not.  I auditioned, got called back for Benny (yes.. the black character, cuz I'm so black) and then didn't get called back for him again, but instead was brought in for Piragua Guy. The callback was last night and I think went fairly well, but I just have no idea. Because once again... here comes Tall, Young, Fairly Fit Whitey McWhiterson to audition for a Short, Old, Chubby Latino Man. So I have my doubts.

But what makes this so important to me is that Piragua Guy is, without exaggeration, my second favorite musical theater character ever. It goes Elphaba, Piragua Guy. DONE. So those two roles have always seemed like impossible dream roles that I would never have a chance at even getting considered for ever. Now that I am so close to one of them, I just want it.

And I believe the cast list will be sent out tonight. So... Who knows.

I mean, if I don't get it, I understand and I have West Side Story still, but... I just wanna sell some icees.

No comments:

Post a Comment