Tuesday, October 30, 2012

5 day weekend. Possibly 9?

I am on my 4th day without school, second cancelled day, and with tomorrow already called off, I'll have had at least a 5 day weekend. Crazy! Lower manhattan (including NYU) was one of the places worst hit by Sandy and there are lots of power outages still, including the NYU dorms. So there is talk of what to do with Thursday and Friday. They are uncertain if power will be restored enough in time for classes to resume by then.

Being in Midtown East, essentially we were unaffected by the storm. I had to stay in basically all day yesterday, but the worst was it being really windy for a couple hours in the evening. The streets are not even thinking about being flooded, and I never lost power. My roommate and I have been saying that we totally won this hurricane versus the people in housing. I feel bad for them and have offered my kitchen shower to anyone who needs it and can get here, but I'm just really glad to have gotten through this with no problems whatsoever.

Ok, well that's not true. I still have my problem of eating all the food in the world, but that's not Sandy's fault.

Today is Wicked Day (for real - it's the actual anniversary) - Wicked turns 9 years old today, except all Broadway shows are cancelled tonight. BOO. But since I know I have tomorrow off, and it is likely that performances will resume tomorrow, I am going to go play the lotto again in hopes that I can see it as close to it's birthday as possible.

I have gotten some work done, which is good and a bit surprising! I am going to do some work on fun things for me now and then maybe tonight I'll become motivated again to do real work.

I mean... I might have a whopping 9 days to finish it all, so I'm sure it will work out just fine.

Anyone else feel Sandy's wrath? Doing ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment