Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sandycakes

Hey there. It's been a while. Alright... what to update you on...

Well, presently Sandy is working her way towards the NYC. Classes have been cancelled for tomorrow and potentially for Tuesday. We will know tomorrow midday, but my guess is yes. So I'm hunkering down in my apartment. We are located just outside of Zone C as of this afternoon. I'm just praying our power stays on because that would be nice.

Leading up to this... The week was the week.. pretty normal.

Friday night - I had an audition. Didn't get it. Oh well. Then I went to see some friends. Alexandra and Jason have an apartment up town and Lori was in the city visiting. I know Alexandra from my Red Door days, Jason went to the same high school as me, but was there when my brother was in school, and Lori and I did a show called Piecemeal at the Majestic a few years ago.

We hung out at their place for a while and pregamed. Had a few drinks, but what really got me going was these Rummy Bears that Jason made. Rum soaked Gummy Bears. I did not like the taste, but what I found to be good about them was that I could just let them slide down my throat. WOO. Apparently like 3 of them equaled one shot. I had at least 15... possibly 20.. or more. I lost count.

So I was sufficiently boozed up and we went down town to the East Village to this bar called Marie's Crisis. Let me tell you, if there was ever a bar built for Bryan, it was this one. Small place, and there is a piano on one wall. And everyone stands around this piano all night. The guy plays. What does he play? Showtunes. DONE. Also... everyone there knows EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. It was quite heavenly for me.

My friend Lori got to sing solo which was great and kinda got "discovered" and offered an audition for The Voice. Pretty fancy stuffs. We also met this guy, Troy, that Lori had done The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee with at the Majestic a couple years ago. Lori foolishly told us that he was single before we got there. So.... well, ok. I'll preface this with the fact that I had a whole debacle with the Spelling Bee my senior year of HS. It was incredibly frustrating, but it's far too long a story to tell here and now. Any how.. so I saw Lori and Luis (another one of my friends) in the show. And I love it so much, I added the rest of the cast on Facebook because I wanted to know them. hahaha

So I don't know if I had ever really met Troy before, but I've seen him on the book of faces often enough. And come to find out... he'd seen me ;). SO. We like... re-meet at the bar. And fairly quickly we start to come in contact with each other. You know... in the ways.

I mean that was a fun night. Singing showtunes, drinkin drinks, makin out. Ultimately I ended up going home alone, which was probably for the best because I have serious issues with not caring about getting a home run my first time up to bat. And thus far, mainly, it hasn't ended all that well for me when things begin like that.

Friday night was enjoyable. Saturday night was enjoyable for different reasons. I planned to just have a lazy night with my roommate. Didn't happen too much. Ended up going to Shake Shack with her and then one of her friends met us there and came back here. Then I had to go collect for BC/EFA at Wicked and when I got back... we started drinking. In all reality, I didn't have that much, but I was pretty crazy. But I was crazy before I even began drinking.. so I dont know.

Earlier in the day I had texted R (from The Sparrow party about a month ago... see blog post Sometimes We Have Messy Hair) I knew he would be at The Sparrow that day so I asked how he liked it. He stopped talking to me about 2 weeks ago. So I was actually very surprised to get a response. And eventually he asked if I was going to this Fundraiser for an NYU show at Brad's down by NYU. I went to that and saw him and also G (kid who wanted me and then ignored me after I got him a ticket and brought him to Into The Woods in the park in August. Yeah.. he's kinda a bitch). But things were mostly awkward.

That all made me sad because it seemed that things with R were going well, and then at some point, I was completely undesirable. I have no idea why. I don't know what I did wrong. And even if I were to ask (which would be awks) I wouldnt get an answer. I truly dont understand why I'm apparently really attractive for one night (that must require alcohol) and then I am worthless and get ignored constantly.

So there we are. It all seems to come back to that awfully quickly. I also never told you about the guy who is crazier than I am! But this post is plenty long enough already.

See you around the blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment