Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hurrication

This has become a full blown Hurrication.

I do not have class again until Monday. This may even change if NYU and their dorms are STILL without power by then, but my guess is they won't let any more days slip away unless absolutely necessary.

Since I've got all this free time, I am going to use it.

I have actually done at least a little bit of work each day which is good. This morning I wrote a thing responding to the question Who Am I? for my Acting class. We had been given this assignment once before and he gave it to us again so that we might dig deeper. My two responses are VASTLY different from one another. And I think this time I, in fact, did dig deeper. So I'm glad for that. I actually might post it. It was pretty simple, but fairly revealing.

And since this hurricane has stranded so many people and whatnot, 1. I am sad for them but 2. I am happy to have made it through unaffected. And the horrible person inside of me is going to take advantage of this situation best I can.

How, you might ask. Well, by going to see Broadway shows of course! I am going to play the lotto for Wicked again tonight. I figure that there will be way less people making their way to the lotto today and so my chances are way better. If I am still unsuccessful with the lotto - which very well may be the case - I am going to utilize Roundabout Theater Company's offer for The Mystery of Edwin Drood in which I can show my MetroCard and get $20 tickets for tonight's performance! I'm certain this will work out even if Wicked fails me yet again.

Also, today is Halloween and as Ken Davenport has told me, attendance is usually down on this day. So I've got Sandy and Halloween on my side.

I also might go see Schuler Hensley in The Whale at Playwrights Horizons this weekend because I've got so much time! That is yet to be determined though. We shall see.

Anywhooo, I'm glad for this time to clear my head and see some things and get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment