Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Update - Weekend of Shows and such

Hello Blawgy folk.

So, It's been a while since I last updated the good ole blawg. My apologies. (Especially to Lisa - she has been quite disgruntled about this state of affairs.)

Alrighty, so a whole bunch happened in the past few days.

Thursday night my friend Ashley came into town!! WOOT! She got in rul late and I basically just went to sleep asap after she got here because I had class 9-6 the next day.

After that we (Ashley, me and my roommate Sarah) went to see Paul Rudd, Ed Asner and others in GRACE on Broadway. I'll do a separate post about with a review of sorts for that show (and the others).  It was really great.

Post the stage door - where I got to "meet" Paul Rudd- so that was a good day. My second FRIEND (though he's really a FRIEND-in-law) after meeting David Schwimmer in August after Detroit at Playwrights Horizons.

Anywhoo - then Ashley and I went to see Sleep No More Off Broadway. IT WAS INTENSE. I cant even describe it accurately. There was so much to do and see and explore. I certainly did not get the full experience. And I don't think I possibly could have. But it was totally unique.

The next day, after getting back around 3am and eating a cheeseburger at a 24 hour diner I got about 4 1/2 hours of sleep because I had a rehearsal to go to for a scene I'm in for directing at 10 am. So I did that. Then Ashley got us tickets to see Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? which was also AMAZING. So crazy good.

Right after the show we met up with our great friends Jacqui and Su! Hanging out with them is always a great time. We walked back from the Times Square area and got 2 Bros Pizza on the way. We got two entire pizzas and soda for each of us and we each got to eat a half pizza and our soda for only $5 a piece! WHAT THE WHAT?! My favorite pizza place ever. Cheap = good. Then we hung out with them at my apartment while I got ready.

Got ready for what you ask? WELL, my partaytay of course! I had a party basically for my PHTS friends. I went and bought over $100 worth of alcohol and wasnt even thought about being carded. Hilarious. But the party went well, no one injured or arrested, or dead. Nothing broken or destroyed. And I think people had a good time. They certainly liked my shower in my kitchen. There were a whole bunch more people here than I suspected and all the booze went away a little earlier than hoped, but it was good because it encouraged people to leave sooner hahaha Also, my #PHTSFriend had talked about possibly coming but didnt end up showing up, so that was a little sad, but there's not much one can do.

So needless to say, I once again got to sleep late. And once again got about 4 and a half hours of sleep because I had to wake up to go get tickets to Chaplin the musical! I got them and Ashley and I saw the show and it was really great. Rob McClure who plays Chaplin was astounding. And funny story, the guy who wrote the show (book, music, and lyrics) was there and came out the stage door and Ashley and I chatted with him for a VERY long time. Mostly Ashley because she's a super Chaplin/old movie fan, but he was very nice and it was so great to get into the mind of someone who wrote a Broadway show! We talked about a whole bunch of stuff and it was great. Random things and also things about Chaplin and his family that not many people probably know.

That night we got chinese food delivered and it was very delicious. YUM. I had been craving it for quite a while.

Then I had to go to school at 9am on Columbus Day - because that's how NYU likes to work. And Ashley left mid day during a break I had so I could come bring her to the bus station.

Last night I was still very tired and had gotten all the work I needed to do for today done, so I got home and watched a whole bunch of episodes of Weeds and ate a CRAP TON of food. And then went to sleep before 10:30 and got just over 9 hours of sleep which was so needed.

Tonight I've got plenty of homework and memorizing that I have to do. But first, I shall be eating more food.

I hope you enjoyed the run down of my crazyface weekend. (Especially you Lisa - was it worth the wait!?)

Thanks for reading.
Bryan

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, this sounds a lot like my week, except mine had fewer Broadway shows, and college parties, and, you know, fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. You always make me laugh. I think a mix of the two would be ideal. No, no wait... there are never too many Broadway shows.

      Delete